Friday, July 08, 2005

Benign Butterfly #4

The warm wriggling baby in my arms that coos my name (at least tries, "butt'fly")...The little girl with sunset red hair and skinny arms eating homemade doughnuts with me in her kitchen...The smoking auto mechanic who wears too much CK-One and took me to high school prom...The girl with the bright eyes and a funky sense of style that wrote me notes on cute stationary...My square dancing partner for Grandparent's Day with eyes the color of an ocean bay that politely dosy-doed me...The beautiful woman who can always make me smile but doesn't know she's gorgeous behind the layers that depression built...The charming rogue who taught me to play video games...The sex-on-the-stick girl who flirted with everyone without even speaking...My father silently fixing my car at 3 AM without a complaint...The indie boy with the curly hair who promises to play for me

The hundreds of people in my life who've shared their love with me...They are the simple things that make me happy and make an everlasting imprint on my heart. It's funny; Life makes you leave some people behind but your memory never will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home