Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ferocious Fox #5

Her eyes were swollen and his voice was amused.

"You know it is supposed to be fun?" he said.

"I know that, but I am so frustrated," she replied, "everyone is better than me and I can't think of anything. I am going to look stupid."

"L, you will not look stupid and even if you did . . . No one will care."

Sniffling she answered, "but I care. I was so excited for this and Marie works so hard to run it. I feel like I'm letting people down. I just can't think of anything to write this week."

She lit a cigarette and curled up on the park bench leaning in to the phone. "So how's the hurricane?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh. This one actually made me smile!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Marie Ann said...

Tehehe, I liked it too!

If this is more true than fiction, I'm sorry you were so stressed out about it :/

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home